Friday, December 9, 2011

CHARLES BARKLEY: A BEAUTIFUL MOUTH


Charles Barkley learned a long time ago that he could get away
with saying just about anything. During his playing days he once
told a throng of reporters, "I hate white people." Nobody blinked
and he didn't get fined, suspended, or hated on by white America.
Barkley has the gift of making people laugh and to laugh off whatever
he's saying . Most of us love him for being truthful, honest
and spitting out whatever the heck is on his mind. He certainly
has provided us with some great quotes over the years.

*On Nate Robinson in dunk contest: "Any little midget
  who can do that deserves a 10."

*"I love Sam Cassell, but he does look like E.T."

*I can be bought. If they paid enough, I'd work for the Klan."

*"They said it about brothers, but I guarantee everybody
  in Finland look alike." 

*"They don't let many black people in the governor's
  mansion in Alabama, unless they're cleaning."                                                                        
                                                                                                                                                                                   Those are just 5 of the best 5,000 quotes of Barkley. The
NBA Hall of Famer and analyst for TNT, TBS, and every topic that
is relevant in the nation, has had a lot on his mind lately, including
Skip Bayless, the arrogant and pompous personality on ESPN. Sir
Charles went on the Dan Patrick Show and said what most everybody
would like to say about Bayless, who thinks he can coach better
than Bill Belichick, hit better than Albert Pujols, and run the
country better than Obama.


"Hey Dan, I been watching your show. You're doin' a good job, bro.
And I wanna tell you the best thing you ever did. You know, 'cause
I hate Skip Bayless more than any person in the world. Thank you
for giving me an alternative so I don't have to watch Skip Bayless
in the morning. I will always be indebted to you so that I don't have
to watch that asshole, Skip Bayless."

That's Barkley being Barkley and we love him for it. If you, me,
or Irene, say that we hate Bayless, nobody cares. But when Barkley
says it, it's hilarious and spot-on. And we thank him, once again,
for telling it like it is.

Barkley wasn't done telling it like it is after his comment on
Bayless.  The former 'Round Mound of Rebound' and owner

of the worst golf swing in the human race, has had enough
of Tebow-mania. Everything Tebow has been forced down our
throats and Barkley's had enough. He went on a Chicago sports
talk radio show and pleaded for the Bears to make the Tebowing
stop.

“I want to make a personal plea to Lance Briggs, Brian Urlacher,
Mr.  Peppers, please stop the madness,” Barkley said Friday
on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000. “I’m just so tired.
I like Tim Tebow. He seems like a good kid, and I wish him
success, but I am Tebowed out. So this is my personal plea
for you three guys, please stop this madness. Tim Tebow is
a good player. I wish him luck, but if I don’t ever hear the
words Brett Favre or Tim Tebow again it won’t be enough."

We think it, but it's Barkley who always says it, and most
of the time, he says it like it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment